Bit Rate Question

Having problems using the greatest Visual Mastering software of the century? Use this area of the Forum to post your technical questions to Earle and Paavo regarding Har-Bal or ask questions regarding how to work on a certain area of the software? Post away!
Mark

Bit Rate Question

Post by Mark »

Hi guys,
Firstly congrats on a fantastic product, as an engineer with a less than favourable mixing environment at the moment Har-Bal has saved my hide a load of times!

Anyway, in relation to bitrate within Har-bal, I'd just like to clarify that If I load a 24 bit/ 44.1kHz audio file into Har-Bal, will the resulting _eq file still have the same properties of 24 bit/ 44.1 kHz?

Cheers from Ireland!
Mark.
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

Hi Mark,

It certainly should do so, unless you request a different format from the list of file types in the "Record As" dialog box.

Cheers,

Paavo.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Hi Paavo,
The only thing you can suggest from the menu is format such as pcm wave etc etc, it doesn't actually allow you to select different sample rates or bit rates, so I presume wat goes in is what comes out bit rate and sample wise?

Cheers for your reply!
Mark.
har-bal
Site Admin

Post by har-bal »

Mark wrote:Hi Paavo,
The only thing you can suggest from the menu is format such as pcm wave etc etc, it doesn't actually allow you to select different sample rates or bit rates, so I presume wat goes in is what comes out bit rate and sample wise?

Cheers for your reply!
Mark.
Mark

That is correct.

Input = ?Bit rate
Out = Same Bit rate

Har-Bal will handle whatever bit rate your soundcard can handle.

Cheers

Earle
zumbido

Post by zumbido »

For what it's worth... I have 'discovered' that if I open up, in Har-Bal, an audio file at 48 kHz. and my word clock is set at 44.1 kHz., I get a sound card error and the file won't play. The clock has to match the sound file's sample rate to get it to play in Har-Bal.
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

That is certainly the case. HarBal does not do rate conversion and I don't intend adding it anytime soon.

Cheers,

Paavo.