Why is Har-Bal not bigger than it actually is!!!

This area of the Forum is where you can post your suggestions and ideas for future update releases of Har-Bal, as well as any gripes you may have on the software, its useability and its interface.
Blackout

Why is Har-Bal not bigger than it actually is!!!

Post by Blackout »

I love Har-Bal. It's one of the biggest kept secrets in the music production industry.

But why is it not 'bigger' than it actualy is.

Dunno whether you want more commmerical appeal, but I say you need to make the GUI better.

Hey, if you don't want more commercial appeal fine, but this is one serious prog. Respect to all involved in this. OSX??? VST Pluigin???? Would literally blow all other mastering EQ apps out of the water.

Respect.
har-bal
Site Admin

Re: Why is Har-Bal not bigger than it actually is!!!

Post by har-bal »

Blackout wrote:I love Har-Bal. It's one of the biggest kept secrets in the music production industry.

But why is it not 'bigger' than it actualy is.

Dunno whether you want more commmerical appeal, but I say you need to make the GUI better.

Hey, if you don't want more commercial appeal fine, but this is one serious prog. Respect to all involved in this. OSX??? VST Pluigin???? Would literally blow all other mastering EQ apps out of the water.

Respect.
Blackout

Let me bend your ear a little. Most of our customers find out about Har-Bal through word of mouth. We were thinking of advertising in a larger manner but there is a learning curve concerning Har-Bal.

Those that purchase it already have a fundamental understanding of the concept through information shared in various forums throughout the world. People such as yourself who have been most instrumental in getting the word out.

There are three things Paavo and I are trying to accomplish here.

1. Teach our customers how to recognize incorrect spectral content literally by just listening to a track.

2. Provide the absolute best support we possibly can through this forum by sharing information that is real and learning from some of the most technical engineers on the planet. We have some serious members in this forum.

3. Continue to develop this tool and make it accessible to the masses at an affordable price.

We hope our customers continue to support us in this endeavor and we really do appreciate your kind words. Trust us.....Har-Bal is moving forward.

Cheers

Earle
Last edited by har-bal on Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
zumbido

Post by zumbido »

Personally, I like 'the look' of Har-Bal.
dbmasters

Post by dbmasters »

don't get into the "make it prettier" debate with Paavo, it's a loosing battle, trust me. :wink:
Robert H

Post by Robert H »

I to am a little suprised that Har Bal isnt bigger. Obviously I mean no disrespect to Paavo, and Earle when I say that, and for all I know it may have sold by the truckload........but as audio software goes Har Bal is pretty unique and it WORKS... personally Im a little tired of new VST instruments, Eq's, FX being released every other week. So Har Bal was totally refreshing.

From now on though Im going to start mentioning it to as many people as I can by word of mouth, and forums.

As for th elook, I like it for its simplicity......It sort of says this is an Audiophiles tool, although it is a bit windows 98 looking. I can see some folks wishing for a jazzier interface though in the future.

The only thing Im not to keen on is the name of the software. Sorry guys, but I just cant help thinking its some sort of Bubble Gum. Still, its a great piece of kit to have in your arsenal.

Long Live Har Bal

:) :)
Sticky Shed

Post by Sticky Shed »

Robert H wrote: The only thing Im not to keen on is the name of the software. Sorry guys, but I just cant help thinking its some sort of Bubble Gum.
:) :)
.. or an Israeli religous holiday!
brian770295

Had enough of Bigger...

Post by brian770295 »

Amen that Har-Bal is what it is...

A unique & awesome tool that we were lucky enough to come across.
I'd hate to think of Har-Bal going Corporate and becoming a Waves/Native Instruments type product. Where it wouldn't be accessable to the Independent Artist on a budget
or have such great "From the Source" Support.
I for one don't mind being selfish here.
Earle & Paavo. Keep up the great work & direction. I dread the day would ever come where your tech support would be handled by automated e-mails from 3rd party "Support" shops from India or the likes.

Bigger is not always better!
har-bal
Site Admin

Re: Had enough of Bigger...

Post by har-bal »

brian770295 wrote:Amen that Har-Bal is what it is...

A unique & awesome tool that we were lucky enough to come across.
I'd hate to think of Har-Bal going Corporate and becoming a Waves/Native Instruments type product. Where it wouldn't be accessable to the Independent Artist on a budget
or have such great "From the Source" Support.
I for one don't mind being selfish here.
Earle & Paavo. Keep up the great work & direction. I dread the day would ever come where your tech support would be handled by automated e-mails from 3rd party "Support" shops from India or the likes.

Bigger is not always better!
Well Brian

As long as folks help us by spreading the word about Har-Bal we can afford to remain independent and not go the corporate route. Personally, I believe in maintaining the one to one support. This way we can all learn together. We have been able to meet a large number of great folks. August 2005 will officially be our second year of operation and great things will be coming soon. Just remember we are a small operation and we are doing the best we can :)

Cheers

Earle
doogle

Post by doogle »

I will tell you a good reason why Har-bal isnt as big as it will be soon is because
the self appointed guru mastering engineers are doing there best to damage har-bals reputation.

They are scared of har-ba'ls capabilities, which they should be as they are losing work because with 1 click of a button (intuitQ) they are out of a job.

But har-bal will and is silently having the last laughs.
johnno k

Post by johnno k »

Sometimes I don't feel like telling people about har-bal because I don't want their mixes to sound as good as mine hahah. All jokes aside, har-bal to me has been a godsend - it's small, it works, there's not much to learn to get started, once you get started it opens your eyes to what you should really be doing with your mixes meaning you'll have greater mixes in no time with the things you learn through using har-bal and where your mistakes are. From seeing it visually you spot the troublesome areas immediately. Less time getting trying to get it good, and more time to concentrate on actual music. The interface doesn't bother me one bit at all, I guess I'm used to it because it looks kind of similar to another audio program I regularly use which is called buzz. Any chance to have it load multiple files? That's just me though, I like to work on several things at once though it's not a good idea in general :P

I <3 har-bal