Harbal befor multiband but...?

This area of the Forum is where you can post your suggestions and ideas for future update releases of Har-Bal, as well as any gripes you may have on the software, its useability and its interface.
drzox

Harbal befor multiband but...?

Post by drzox »

Hello Pavaoo,
I am agree with you that in most cases Harbal should be aplied before any compression but when I have whery loud mix let's say that my mix into Nuendo 2.0 goes over 4.0 db,should I have to reduce master fader so clip reachs near 0 db,because if not, when exporting tracks Nuendo apply some kind of limiting(compression)?
Thanks in advance
Har/Bal

Har-Bal before multiband but...?

Post by Har/Bal »

drzox

It sounds like your mixes in Nuendo are being recorded too hot.

When you are recording individual tracks your signal should not be in either the yellow or red area at all.

When the tracks are that hot you have no more room to do any further editing. The dynamics would be crushed.

Now about your question about whether to use Har-Bal before or after Multiband.

Sometimes I receive songs that look like a stuttering "w" when I open them up in Har-Bal. I just feel that I need to remove the major peaks and valleys before applying multiband compression. Its a matter of tatse at this point.

Also experiment with and notice the different effects of EQ-ing before and after compression or limiting, and also the different effect if you're using multi-band compression. These subtleties are useful tools, and you need to know when to use each. It's even sometimes possible to use multiband compression as a dynamic EQ.

Earle
drzox

beta 3

Post by drzox »

Where can I get Beta 3 version of Har-Bal?My e-mail is

tomislav.grabovac@tel.net.ba

Thanks
Har/Bal

Where can I get Beta 3 version of Har-Bal?My e-mail is

Post by Har/Bal »

We just emailed it to you.

Earle
drzox

Post by drzox »

Hello Earle
Can you please send me vocal refernces on e-mail

zoran.milovic@tel.net.ba
Har/Bal

Vocal Template

Post by Har/Bal »

You should receive it in about 15 minutes.

Earle