Cannot open audio file in Har-Bal

Having problems using the greatest Visual Mastering software of the century? Use this area of the Forum to post your technical questions to Earle and Paavo regarding Har-Bal or ask questions regarding how to work on a certain area of the software? Post away!
mcneilis

Cannot open audio file in Har-Bal

Post by mcneilis »

Hi,

Everything was working fine for me in version 2.0 but I maximised one of the boxes(I think it was maybe the Record As page) and then exited the the box and now I cannot use File/Open to open any audio files. Nothing happens at all when I press File/Open. I'm using Windows XP SP2.

Any help appreciated.

Michael.
har-bal
Site Admin

Re: Cannot open audio file in Har-Bal

Post by har-bal »

mcneilis wrote:Hi,

Everything was working fine for me in version 2.0 but I maximised one of the boxes(I think it was maybe the Record As page) and then exited the the box and now I cannot use File/Open to open any audio files. Nothing happens at all when I press File/Open. I'm using Windows XP SP2.

Any help appreciated.

Michael.
Michael

Try this:

Reboot your system completely and then open Har-Bal again.

If that does not work follow the steps below.

Close Har-Bal and go to the home directory c:\Program Files\HarBal

In there you should find a file named HarBal.ini
Delete the file and then re-open the program.

Tell me what happens

Earle
mcneilis

Post by mcneilis »

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I could not find the ini file so I just reinstalled Har Bal again and everything is working fine now thanks.

Michael.
har-bal
Site Admin

Post by har-bal »

mcneilis wrote:Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I could not find the ini file so I just reinstalled Har Bal again and everything is working fine now thanks.

Michael.
Michael

Glad it is working. The reason you did not see the file was because you need to go to your exploring window and click on options/view/ and uncheck the box that states "Hide file extensions for known file types".

Just for the future :)

Cheers

Earle
mcneilis

Post by mcneilis »

Oops. Amateur mistake by me. Thanks for clearing that up.

Michael.