Demo: imported wav not recognized...?

Having problems using the greatest Visual Mastering software of the century? Use this area of the Forum to post your technical questions to Earle and Paavo regarding Har-Bal or ask questions regarding how to work on a certain area of the software? Post away!
hellogoodbye

Demo: imported wav not recognized...?

Post by hellogoodbye »

I tried the demo yesterday but when I import a wav (a tune made by myself in and exported from Sonar 4) nothing happens... The songs isn't analyzed or anything and all I get is a straight green line at the bottom of the screen... Pressing play doesn't do anything either. I can load pref files and see the graph, but that's it! Am I doing something wrong here...?
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

It sounds as though it doesn't like the file format of the wav file you are trying to read. The demo is pretty out of date and the LIBSNDFILE.DLL (responsible for multiple file format support) is pretty old so that is the most likely cause of the issue.

The demo is very low priority for us since very few people bother with it. We don't anticipate updating it for quite a while. If you are really interested in Har-Bal we suggest you purchase the software under our 30 day money back guarantee. If it fails to meet your expectations or fails to function with the files you create we will happy refund the purchase, no questions asked!

regards,

Paavo.
hellogoodbye

Post by hellogoodbye »

Okay, that's a nice offer: that's even better than having an 8 bit demo! :) And thanks for the quick reply!