New multiband comps???

If you are looking for advice on how to use Har-Bal best, or you have some tips of your own, post them here!
Ged Leitch

New multiband comps???

Post by Ged Leitch »

Just a note to say that although i think waves linear multiband does a fantastic job, it would be great if we had some "alternatives".I mean perhaps some more "coloured" sounding units, 9 times out of ten i never want to colour the mix and find waves LMB superb for transparent work, but have never really seen or used any other units that work just as good.
Ged Leitch.
har-bal
Site Admin

Re: New multiband comps???

Post by har-bal »

Ged Leitch wrote:Just a note to say that although i think waves linear multiband does a fantastic job, it would be great if we had some "alternatives".I mean perhaps some more "coloured" sounding units, 9 times out of ten i never want to colour the mix and find waves LMB superb for transparent work, but have never really seen or used any other units that work just as good.
Ged Leitch.
Ged

I have often wondered the same thing also. I must say that I do like the Multiband Compressor that comes standard with Wavelab pretty well. It is not always necessary to use a multiband compressor on mixes. I usually use it if I can't get the client to go back and remix the song.

Earle
DjSolstice

Post by DjSolstice »

theres another Waves one I have called L3 Multimaximiser. That works well and it has 5 bands. I tend to use the C4 though quite often as ive not had this newer one for long.

I also own Izotope Ozone and theres one with that which works pretty well.

The only other one ive got which can be pretty good is a powercore mastering plugin called the Master X3, theres a 5 band one too.

Solli