I thought I loved Har-bal before, but now I really love it!!

This area of the Forum is where you can post your suggestions and ideas for future update releases of Har-Bal, as well as any gripes you may have on the software, its useability and its interface.
Doughboy

I thought I loved Har-bal before, but now I really love it!!

Post by Doughboy »

High guys, I've been meaning to check in just to say how much I absolutely love the new program. thank you thank you thank you.
har-bal
Site Admin

Re: I thought I loved Har-bal before, but now I really love

Post by har-bal »

Doughboy wrote:High guys, I've been meaning to check in just to say how much I absolutely love the new program. thank you thank you thank you.
Doughboy

How the hell are you :)

Thanks for letting us know how you are coming along with the new Har-Bal version. We are receiving a lot of positive comments from our customers.

Cheers

Earle
Doughboy

Post by Doughboy »

In the previous version, I spent to much time trying to copy other peoples sounds, enstead of working the program correctly, and though like I said I loved it, my sound was still never quite right, and I would attempt to copy my next favorite superstars sound, on and on, plus the fact, that I could never quite get the volume that I needed.

Now just a couple clicks, and give or take an extra move, and it sounds better than anything I've done before.

With the new limiter, my volume is right there with the pros with no clipping, before I actually allowed a touch of clipping on a couple tunes just to get another fraction of a db out of it.

I'm not sure if my favorite add on is the limiter or the air feature. That was also something I missed on my material. I was always kicking myself for not having added enough reverb, then I would redo it, and I'd have to much reverb. Now just a touch, and my songs are there.

Prior to your new update, I was contemplating my next purchase. Now I do my recording on a Roland VS, then transfer it to a Masterlink, and then into my computer for Har-bal. I was trying to decide which Mastering software to purchase. I think you've saved me a few hundred dollars.

Lastly, not to bore you to tears or anything, but I haven't checked lately, but I think your price is still around $100. If a serious, but uneducated recordist is ready for his next financial step into music and he is ready to drop $500 to improve his quality and he has the choice between a $500 product or a $100 product, then which one is obviously better? The $500 is without a doubt the better of the two. Why??? Because it cost $500, that is why. Might it be time for a cost increase?

Thank you again! Greg/Doughboy