VU Meter And ASIO

Having problems using the greatest Visual Mastering software of the century? Use this area of the Forum to post your technical questions to Earle and Paavo regarding Har-Bal or ask questions regarding how to work on a certain area of the software? Post away!
Phi Lion

VU Meter And ASIO

Post by Phi Lion »

Hello everyone.

I seem to be having trouble with using the vu meter with asio drivers, anyone else here using it with ASIO.

Thank you
har-bal
Site Admin

Re: VU Meter And ASIO

Post by har-bal »

Phi Lion wrote:Hello everyone.

I seem to be having trouble with using the vu meter with asio drivers, anyone else here using it with ASIO.

Thank you
Phi

I had a bit of a time getting it configured in the beginning also.

You need to configure it so it can process any analog/digital sources fed to the sound interface card externally via the "line in"

Currently I have two monitors

I always have the VUmeter running on the second screen. It monitors all incoming signals from any desktop application or any external device IE cd player, keyboard, guitar, etc

My external devices run through my Stereo 1 input on my board and all desktop apps run through my stereo 2 inputs on my board which is the old Tascam TM-D4000

Try this:

1) Open the "Sound and Multimedia Property" of the Control Panel.
2) Choose "Audio" tab.
3) Choose the sound card from the pull-down box of "Playback". And then, press "Volume" button and check just "Wave and " Volume"are not set to "MUTE".
4) Next, choose the sound card at the "Record" section, too. And then, press "Volume" button and choose "LINE IN". The volume should be set to about 80%.

Cheers

Earle
Phi Lion

Post by Phi Lion »

Thanks Earle.

I will try that.

I have heard great things about Har-bal and this site.

Just from reading the posts im amazed at how helpful you guys are, and you give out all the good info with out any ego.

Good on ya guys.
chams

Post by chams »

The above solution doesn't work for me in winxp and a LynxTWO card.
There are no such choices.
I want windows sound scheme turned off so that it doesn't try to steal the sound card for system sounds.
Phi Lion

Post by Phi Lion »

Yeah i still couldnt get mine running at all.