Buy now or wait for new version?

Having problems using the greatest Visual Mastering software of the century? Use this area of the Forum to post your technical questions to Earle and Paavo regarding Har-Bal or ask questions regarding how to work on a certain area of the software? Post away!

Buy now or wait for new version?

Post by Guest »

I am ready to purchase HarBal now, but I am concerned that if I don't wait for the new version (1.5?) I will have to pay for an upgrade.

If I buy now will I get a free upgrade to version 1.5, and is the release date for that new version still firm for 17 May?
kinetic

Post by kinetic »

Sorry, this message was from me (kinetic!) - didn't log in before sending it.
dbmasters

Post by dbmasters »

The 1.5 upgrade is free to anyone that owns HarBal, so buying now will loose you nothing.
HarBal
Site Admin

Re: Buy now or wait for new version?

Post by HarBal »

Anonymous wrote:I am ready to purchase HarBal now, but I am concerned that if I don't wait for the new version (1.5?) I will have to pay for an upgrade.

If I buy now will I get a free upgrade to version 1.5, and is the release date for that new version still firm for 17 May?
Kinetic,

The upgrade is free. You have my word on that and you always have the option of excercising the money back guarantee if you doubt it.

The release date we are trying for is the 17th. Updating the help is all that is holding this up at the moment. I shall be doing my utmost to stick to this date.

Regards,

Paavo.
kinetic

Post by kinetic »

Hey HarBal, I am very impressed at your response time! My purchase is coming now!

VST Version

Post by Guest »

I heard that there will be a VST Version too! Will there be an (free?) upgrade path from the stand alone version? And do you already know when we can expect this version?
Thanks,
Falagar
Har/Bal

Upgrade

Post by Har/Bal »

A Mac port is in the planning stages. Work will begin after version 1.5 is released which should occur shortly. However, a Mac port is a large job so earliest we anticipate having a Mac version would
be in the final quarter of this year.

There will be no upgrade charge for our registered customers.

Earle