mixing

Having problems using the greatest Visual Mastering software of the century? Use this area of the Forum to post your technical questions to Earle and Paavo regarding Har-Bal or ask questions regarding how to work on a certain area of the software? Post away!
nogimmikz

mixing

Post by nogimmikz »

Hey wassup guys, i was just wondering if anyone would know or recommend a good proper level to MIX on......For example...a db level were i could here the mix flat.
har-bal
Site Admin

Re: mixing

Post by har-bal »

nogimmikz wrote:Hey wassup guys, i was just wondering if anyone would know or recommend a good proper level to MIX on......For example...a db level were i could here the mix flat.
The best dB level to listen to where you can hear the flat is 85db

You can find some more info here:
http://www.sweetwater.com/forum/archive ... -1717.html

Cheers
Earle
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

I'd certainly do most of my listening at lower levels than that (probably more like 80dB) which I'd argue is fine for doing most of you mixing at provided that you do checking at louder levels to hear how it holds up. If you work that way then you can work for longer and hopefully keep your hearing for longer as well.

The one other point I'd make is that a lot depends on how good your room acoustics are. If you have a good level of ambience and your early reflections are well controlled then you'll find that you can monitor at low levels and still mix well.

Cheers,

Paavo.