Please help me :)

Having problems using the greatest Visual Mastering software of the century? Use this area of the Forum to post your technical questions to Earle and Paavo regarding Har-Bal or ask questions regarding how to work on a certain area of the software? Post away!
MERLIN

Please help me :)

Post by MERLIN »

Hi ,

Im recording an acoustic demo for a few friends and am trying to get that pro sound using har-bal. I DI-ed 2 acoustics and recorded the atmosphere and vox with 1 condenser mic. Not ideal but i dont have any more mics. Before mixing the song in cubase im Harbal- ing the seperates.

Could i please get a filter for 1 of the songs.....Im finding the har bal difficult. Who could i email an mp3 or wav to?

Also, is it ok to use the limiter on seperates, then again on the whole mix??
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

Where have you recorded the acoustic demo? You need a relatively live environment to got a good acoustic sound. If your room is dead then there isn't much you can do EQ wise to give it a pro sound. At best you could salvage something by putting it through a room simulator but recording it in a relatively live environment is a better option. Not only will it sound better but whoever's playing it will most likely play better cos it will sound better to them while they're playing.

As for someone being able to provide you with a filter for your track will require you making the track available but like I said, if the problem is in the initial recording then perhaps you are barking up the wrong tree.

Cheers,

Paavo.

By the way, I'd recommend you taking a look at this thread. It most likely has pertinent information for you.

http://har-bal.com/ipw-web/bulletin/bb/ ... +diffusion
MERLIN

Post by MERLIN »

Hi there,

2 acoustics guitars = DI
1 Condenser mic = added subtle ambience

After recording the above, i harballed each seperate, and that was literally the only proccessing/editing it needed(i hope)
My mix is simple and as good as i could get it. Could i send someone an mp3 or wav ?Ive already created a filter file for one of these songs last night, but im no expert, and a quality, reliable pair of ears would be amazing, + if i got a filter file off you, that would be very nice,and i could use it on all these acoustic demo songs :)
MERLIN

Post by MERLIN »

Hi again,

I think it sounds fine but would love someone to look at it.
Is the only way, to unload an mp3 to this forum? How the hell do i do that ?? Could i possibly email you instead?

Yea, after tidying up the seperate recordings in Har-bal, i needed no more proccessing. :)
Normally i proccess and reproccess,etc, the sounds, but now, if i tidy the sounds up,mask the unwanted, all i need to do is get a L R mix balance and export from cubase as audio >>>Back into Har-bal for master eq, then back into cubase for final mutiband comp.....if it needs it

:)
har-bal
Site Admin

Post by har-bal »

SUPERDUDE wrote:Hi again,

I think it sounds fine but would love someone to look at it.
Is the only way, to unload an mp3 to this forum? How the hell do i do that ?? Could i possibly email you instead?

Yea, after tidying up the seperate recordings in Har-bal, i needed no more proccessing. :)
Normally i proccess and reproccess,etc, the sounds, but now, if i tidy the sounds up,mask the unwanted, all i need to do is get a L R mix balance and export from cubase as audio >>>Back into Har-bal for master eq, then back into cubase for final mutiband comp.....if it needs it

:)
Superdude

We received your email, but what you could have done was just provided a link to everyone in the forum.
You could go to www.yousendit.com and send the mp3 file to yourself. When you received the email you could then post the link on the forum for others to download your track.

Cheers

Earle
MERLIN

Post by MERLIN »

Hi there,

thanks ill try that. :)