Another minor bug

Having problems using the greatest Visual Mastering software of the century? Use this area of the Forum to post your technical questions to Earle and Paavo regarding Har-Bal or ask questions regarding how to work on a certain area of the software? Post away!
fbc

Another minor bug

Post by fbc »

To reproduce, follow these steps:
1. Deselect option 'Restore file on startup'
2. Close/Restart HarBal
3. Load a track (and don't mess with anything)
4. Select EQ cursor
5. Toggle focus indicators on (if not allready on)
6. Click on green trace to add some EQ.
BUG:
a white/blue line is drawn between the focus indicators

7. Toggle focus indicator off

try EQ again, EQ focus has moved to the peak trace, but otherwise working; Tab - Tab and we are back to green trace and all is perfect.

regards
Flemming
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

Flemming,

Despite following your instructions I cannot reproduce the bug you are aluding to. I hope the white/blue line you are refering to isn't the original un-modified spectrum.

If it is then this is exactly what is supposed to happen! That trace represents the spectrum prior to you modifying it.

Regards,

Paavo.
fbc

Post by fbc »

The 'white/blue' line are straight lines between the focus indicators, nothing like the original spectrum.

I'll send a screen-dump to your info/support mail (I don't know how to post a file on this forum).

You may want to know, I'm using Win XP pro on a P4 and Gforce video card.

I can also reproduce this on my Acer travelmate, so I don't think it has anything to do with hardware, but it could well be a XP problem.

regards
Flemming
Paavo

Post by Paavo »

Ok, I was able to reproduce it now. I'll let you knwo how I go sorting it out and the tool tip / splash screen issue.

Paavo.