Mac Release?

Having problems using the greatest Visual Mastering software of the century? Use this area of the Forum to post your technical questions to Earle and Paavo regarding Har-Bal or ask questions regarding how to work on a certain area of the software? Post away!
stuartnorfolk

Mac Release?

Post by stuartnorfolk »

How far off is the Mac version of HarBal now?

Regards,

Stuart
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

Hi Stuart and other Mac users,

I knwo you are all very anxious to have Har-Bal on the Mac but all I can truly say is be patient. The repeated delays on this front and that of the full Har-Bal re-write (which is part of the process) is just a reflection of my personal life. I have two young children (3 & 5 yo) that I share equally in the parenting of and a host of other home and work commitments. When you take that time out there's very little left for anything else.

For the sake of me and my families sanity this is the way it has to be for a while. As a consequence, any progress on this front will be slow, so don't hold your breath. The minor releases I have done in the past year has been relatively easy since the development time envolved from me was pretty small. A full re-write (that is needed for the next stage in the Har-Bal evolution) is a much larger task.

For the sake of not giving any false expectations I will henceforth give up making announcements about a Mac version release until I know I can deliver.

My appologies to you all,

Paavo.
zumbido

Post by zumbido »

I went out and bought a PC - they're so inexpensive.

Glad I did as I have since added to Har-Bal; GigaStudio 3, Cubase, Drumagog, RealGuitar, DrumTools, BFD, Melodyne and more.

I run PT and Logic Audio on my Macs.

It's worth having BOTH platforms as they work together seemlessly - and very importantly, spread the load.