what do I need????

Having problems using the greatest Visual Mastering software of the century? Use this area of the Forum to post your technical questions to Earle and Paavo regarding Har-Bal or ask questions regarding how to work on a certain area of the software? Post away!
lucky

what do I need????

Post by lucky »

I Heard about Har-Bal from STRMan on Tascam Forum.

We've been sending our Material out for final Mastering.

I have a Tascam 2488 & a Laptop Computer.

What else do I need to Har-Bal my songs?

As I'm a newbie{and very Lo Tech}, are there user friendly instructions to help me through the learning curve?

Ready to order,

Lucky

Our new Album "The Larson Brothers" at CDBaby.com
Hitmaker

Post by Hitmaker »

Hi Lucky ,

In that Har-Bal is a stand-alone programme , you need nothing else for your mastering eq .
Typically , many people eq before compression/limiting , so they'd import their final mix into Har-Bal , eq , then inport that file into their normal mastering chain ...

Regards tutorials , the forum has great tips , there is a video tutorial , and the supplied 'Help' files are very comprehensive ..
In the new 2.2 version , the specific eq changes made to some classic Phil Collins trax is discussed in detail , including the underlying reasoning .... and the issue of volume matching trax for CD , well explained ...

Cheerz ...
" I hate compression with a vengeance . I avoid it . I'm a great believer in the dynamic range being preserved " Alan Parsons
lucky

Post by lucky »

Can I plug Tascam 2488 via USB & directly Transfer into Computer 2 Tr. Stereo Mix WAV Files to Har-Bal my CDs?

OR

Can I make a Stereo 2 Track Mix WAV File CD on 2488 & import directly & Har-bal my Songs?

Do I need other types of Software?

Thanks,

Lucky
Hitmaker

Post by Hitmaker »

Hi Lucky ,

Har-Bal works on files ... on HD or CD ( but to work on a commercial CD you'd need to rip the .WAVs from it ).
From my reading , you can transfer out mixes ( as .WAVs ) via USB to a PC from your Tascam .. which is probably cleaner than burning to CD , and copying in ...
You want .WAVs on your HD , however you do it ....
If concerned , download the demo .... it's sound-quality limited, but will demonstrate all the functions ...

Cheerz ,
" I hate compression with a vengeance . I avoid it . I'm a great believer in the dynamic range being preserved " Alan Parsons