Har-Bal is Great!!!! New User

This area of the Forum is where you can post your suggestions and ideas for future update releases of Har-Bal, as well as any gripes you may have on the software, its useability and its interface.
malgfunk

Har-Bal is Great!!!! New User

Post by malgfunk »

Paavo & Earle,

You've done it. This is one of the best tools ever for mastering. I installed Har-Bal yesterday and immediately followed the tutorial and mastering tips on this BBS and the result is incredible. I'm mixing on a Roland VS 2480, but after Har-Bal it seems like an SSL G-Series. As a producer in LA, I've had projects mastered by Bernie Grundman, Capitol, and Future Disc, but I'll testify that what I pulled off with Har-Bal on my first try is on par. Thanks for my new secret weapon.

-Malgfunk :D
No matter where you go, there you are....

-malgfunk
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

Malgfunk,

I'm glad to here that you've got off on the right foot, and glad that you are getting the results you'd hoped for!

We have had a few in the past that have failed and I can only assume the reason was cos they didn't read the tutorial and were using the software incorrectly. Happily you did take the time to read through the tutorial and it sounds like you've picked up a good understanding of how to use it correctly.

The more you use it the better you'll get. Chances are you'll become more critical too, of your own work and that of others. One of the first things I do when I buy a new CD and find it aurally displeasing I open it up with HarBal to see what's a miss. Then ask "why oh, why, oh why...". And the frightening thing is even the incredibly reputable mastering houses don't always do a great job!

I'm looking forward to hearing your work one day.

Regards,

Paavo.