Gain keyboard shortcut

This area of the Forum is where you can post your suggestions and ideas for future update releases of Har-Bal, as well as any gripes you may have on the software, its useability and its interface.
Jay

Gain keyboard shortcut

Post by Jay »

Hi Paavo & Earle,

Feature request: it'd be nice if hitting the "Home" key caused the gain control to go to 0.0 rather than +15.0. I think it makes more sense since it's more often the case that you want to jump back to 0.0 rather than +15.0, and hitting "Home" inadvertently can cause an undesired sonic "explosion" (has happened to me a couple of times). What do you think?
Paavo

Re: Gain keyboard shortcut

Post by Paavo »

Jay wrote:Hi Paavo & Earle,

Feature request: it'd be nice if hitting the "Home" key caused the gain control to go to 0.0 rather than +15.0. I think it makes more sense since it's more often the case that you want to jump back to 0.0 rather than +15.0, and hitting "Home" inadvertently can cause an undesired sonic "explosion" (has happened to me a couple of times). What do you think?
Nice idea Jay. It's using default slider behaviour at present. I'll have to override it to do that but that shouldn't be a problem. What, if anything should the End key do? My guess is nothing at all.

Similarly how should the volume slider behave? I suspect that leaving it as-is is the appropriate response.

Thanks,

Paavo.
Jay

Re: Gain keyboard shortcut

Post by Jay »

Paavo wrote:What, if anything should the End key do? My guess is nothing at all.
I'd vote for leaving that functionality as is. Having "End" go to minimum gain could be useful and it certainly won't hurt anything. BTW, doing it this way would mimic the functionality of the Sonic Foundry plugins ("Home" = 0.0, "End" = min. gain).
Paavo wrote:Similarly how should the volume slider behave? I suspect that leaving it as-is is the appropriate response.
Agreed.

Thanks Paavo.