Record Function Reduces Quality

Having problems using the greatest Visual Mastering software of the century? Use this area of the Forum to post your technical questions to Earle and Paavo regarding Har-Bal or ask questions regarding how to work on a certain area of the software? Post away!
brown2k5

Record Function Reduces Quality

Post by brown2k5 »

hello, so i'm pretty new to the program and i'm at the point where after i adjust my freqs, i press "play" and listen back and it sounds pretty good. but then when i "record" it and listen back to the new file, it sounds like crap.

i have version 2.3 and the wav file is saved in 16-bit format. why does it sound good within the program, but after creating a new file, it loses a lot of the quality?

thanks.
zumbido

Post by zumbido »

Nothing should change.

Are you playing the '_eq' file back in Har-Bal or some other player?

What you can try AFTER you make the '_eq' is to open it in the original HB window as a 'template' and compare the original with EQ and the new '_eq" file.

These should not only look the same, they should sound the same.
Hitmaker

Post by Hitmaker »

Hi ,

Just checking ... You have got the 'EQ' icon depressed when you recpord your file ???... Sounds to me like you're recording without the filter engaged ...

Cheers ,

Evan .
" I hate compression with a vengeance . I avoid it . I'm a great believer in the dynamic range being preserved " Alan Parsons