HB 2.3 Shutsdown when I press Play on Wav file?

Having problems using the greatest Visual Mastering software of the century? Use this area of the Forum to post your technical questions to Earle and Paavo regarding Har-Bal or ask questions regarding how to work on a certain area of the software? Post away!
brian770295

HB 2.3 Shutsdown when I press Play on Wav file?

Post by brian770295 »

Hello...Any idea what would cause HB2.3 to shutdown when you go to play the WAV file? It loads and edits fine...I tried other Wav files and even reinstalled 2.3 with no luck. :cry:
Same for HB2.2. I had to go back to HB2.0 to get file to play without shutting down?
I see there was some issues with MBOX & Digidesign...But, 2.3 was working fine for a long time with no issues...

Please advise....
Thanks, Brian.
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

I'd guess there is some unusual meta data in it that is confusing libsndfile.dll. How about sending us a shortened version (1 minute or less) of the file to support@har-bal.com . Just be sure that the shortened version crashes har-bal. If it doesn't then try and figure out what has changed to make it work again. I suspect that if you delete the meta data from the file it will probably work.

Regards,

Paavo.
brian770295

Thanks !

Post by brian770295 »

Thanks Paavo, The Meta Data seemed to be the issue. As always- you have great support & response! :D