Major Crash!!

Having problems using the greatest Visual Mastering software of the century? Use this area of the Forum to post your technical questions to Earle and Paavo regarding Har-Bal or ask questions regarding how to work on a certain area of the software? Post away!
the1203

Major Crash!!

Post by the1203 »

Using HB last week, no problems... Go to use it today & HB crashes when i hit the space bar or press the play icon!! HB just disappears!

I did install NI's Reaktor, Absynth & Battery 3 since last using it.

I can't give any more information than that. Anybody got any ideas what could have happened?

Thanks...
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

When Har-bal is not running, try deleting the HarBal.ini file in the program files/har-bal folder. Then run Har-Bal and select the sound device you wish to use in the options/Driver dialog box.

Out of interest, what is your sound card you are interfacing to? I hope DigiDesign haven't been monkeying around with their drivers to make them inoperable with Har-Bal (Armadillo protection). The last time Har-Bal had issues with digi drivers was because the digi driver was deliberately crashing har-bal because it thought Har-Bal was someone trying to reverse engineer their driver. Perhaps this is happening again? Who knows? I really can't understand the paranoia about reverse engineering digi drivers?

Regards,

Paavo.
the1203

Post by the1203 »

I rolled back to V2.3 because i had a deadline but i'll go back to 2.3 rev 1 & try again.

I use the RME Hammerfall 9652, had it years & HB has run fine on it for about the last 2 years until yesterday.

Thanks....
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

You should be using Har-Bal version 2.3 revision 3. Revision 1 crashes with digi drivers and perhaps RME ones if they're as paranoid as Digi about reverse engineering.

In the next major release of Har-Bal (the multi-platform re-write) this issue should become a non-issue as I will be ditching Armadillo software protection in favour of something in house that does not do unusual things (which get misinterpreted as reverse engineering attempts).

Regards,

Paavo.
the1203

Post by the1203 »

Thanks Paavo.