De-noising

There are many features of Har-Bal we still haven't discussed in this forum. Below we will start sharing a few items. Please feel free to add yours.
petr

De-noising

Post by petr »

hello Earle, Paavo and others!
I mix a record of a metal band concert consisting of 6 tracks. (3 guitars, 2 percussions, 1 vocal) One of them is a guitar. On the metal concerts there often comes to the specific noise (I can not find the proper english word) resulting from the interference of the technical conditions on the stage (power) and the guitar amplifier. It is an electrical hiss our how to describe it? You probably know what I mean.
I have 3 deniosers.
Ozone RX, Waves X-Niose Mono and Sony Noise Reduction. Which one is the best you would recomend me in order to remove the signal from the track? Or some better idea? Thanks.
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

A sound clip is worth a thousand words. Maybe if you email us a short mp3 of the noise in the track (say 1 minute of song plus noise) we would be able to better advise you.

On the basis of what you have mentioned so far, it sounds like broad band noise that is continuous. Depending on how loud it is in the mix, it may be better just leaving it in there as the artifacts of the noise removal may be worse than the noise.

Regards,

Paavo.
petr

Post by petr »

On the basis of what you have mentioned so far, it sounds like broad band noise that is continuous. Depending on how loud it is in the mix, it may be better just leaving it in there as the artifacts of the noise removal may be worse than the noise.
Regards,
Paavo.[/quote]

Paavo, your last sentence is right. Anyway I found out that for me the best de-noising software I have experienced by myself up to now is the Izotope RX. It is very simple but works well.
Paavo, you and Earle are fantastic! I do appreciate your quick replies and helping hand! I do like the HAR-BAL really and the service you do is fantastic. I will buy any uprgrade from you in the future as both the software and your support are the best I have seen. Thanks a lot Friends!