3.0 Upgrade install issues & not working

We are currently looking for beta testers around the world to help test our forthcoming application Har-Bal 3.0
To apply to be a Har-Bal 3.0 beta tester all you need is to be a current/registered owner of Har-Bal and contact us with your request via email from our contact page.
Currently there is no manual provided. Registered users will have no problem navigating around the new version
barefoot

3.0 Upgrade install issues & not working

Post by barefoot »

I'm running xp sp3. 3.0 had issues installing. It looks like it's related to \ verses / i.e. it can't create folders. Thus couldn't install the license. I manually created the folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Har-Bal\Har-Bal 3.0

The program now opens but when I try playback a file from within the program, it says: Failed to open driver.

Thanks in advance and Happy New Year!

Cheers,
John
barefoot

Re: 3.0 Upgrade install issues & not working

Post by barefoot »

Hi,

Can a Har-bal person please reply to this? I see you have replied to other posts since. I'd like to have this issue resolved. So I can use the product I paid for. Or I'd like you to issue a refund.

Thanks,
John
spratt99

Post by spratt99 »

I`m having the same issue with the "failed to open driver" pop-up after loading a wav. file into HB 3.0. I `m sure this issue will be resolved, till then I`m back using the previous version of Har-Bal.
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

John, go to the download area and download and install the latest version. Make sure you fully un-install the previous one first.

Also, if you want prompt service why not email support. We don't live on the forum so you may not get a response for days. The forum is primarily for discussing usage issues and for users to share information with each other. Technical support should be directed to the the support email address.

Spratt, I'd say the same to you. In the issue you are alluding to, it sounds like you haven't configured a driver for Har-Bal to use yet. Go to the Options/Preferences... menu item and the drivers tab on the dialog to do so. If you can't get it to work you can always excercise a refund.

cheers,

Paavo.
spratt99

Post by spratt99 »

Hi Thanks for the quick response. I followed your instructions and I`m up an running. Thanks again. Spratt