finally the roundup is complete

This area of the Forum is where you can post your suggestions and ideas for future update releases of Har-Bal, as well as any gripes you may have on the software, its useability and its interface.
new user proudly

finally the roundup is complete

Post by new user proudly »

Yes, i did take some time free, stopped working for 1 year.
Just to find out all about mastering, i am in the buzz for more than 17years now. But never had a good time to find out all that mastering is.
I got into analysing my mixes, cause i really thought my hearing started to annoy me a bit.
I concentrated on Analising and see my EQ mix, really was an improvement. But plugins and reading alike, still there was someting wrong. I found out by Analysing other masters in the studio.
Every master was great, but when i used reference files i made (i just dropped 10 masters in Cubase and mixed it to 0db), i found that i never got to EQ to match. I used about everu plugin.
Then i read about RMS and DB's alike, tried to calculate myself what i was doing wrong... I also found out that loudness and EQ didnot go astraight, it is a messy buzz EQing it with normal EQ's.
I did even though a lot of mastering, and with good results.
But it took me always 2 or more days of pure frustration, i never could see and hear what i was doing wrong, and could only do so much.
Then i started getting pissed off, cause the last half year i was mastering a lot to find out what is best.

As i always do search the internet, i yesterday searched and found a stupid link called Har-bal ? Even this, i read about it before so some memmories came up and i clicked the button for their site.
And the rest is history, how about lucky me.... There is a program what does this, and fixes my frustration.

Afther only 30minutes of working (really i do learn fast) , i got my first master sounding like never before. Away is the mud, back is the clarity!
Even sitting backwards in the room, still gives the stereofield more defined space. And all i did was take a myself made reference file (of 10 great mixes) and EQ that with harbal towards a matching kind of graph.
What took about 2 or 3 days of pure listening time, now was solved by only looking at a graph.... i did not even need to hear much at all, sometimes i listened, but soon sound out that this program actually could match (by hand).

Oh really, then i got really horny... the one thing that needed fixing was this stupid EQ and mastering time, and the frustration of listening wrong!
My hearing is ok, but seeing is believing! Really Analise IT!

Yes, thank you and hope you have patented this feature!
hahaha, as soon as the music world will find out that this really rocks, it will even kick the 'hear it all mastering engineer' out of buzz.
Yes, you made my homestudio finally a bedroom professional recording enviroment! I never doubted this kind of programs would come, i am a digital guy and like digital programs that are innovative.
My headaches are over, and up the horizon there are stars that i am hearing now, they glow like they never did before.
Thank you for curing my hearing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-------------
Anyway i posted also some improvements allready in an other comment.
Cant wait to see the progress and updates, hmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Thank you, thank you, i dont need reseaching my mistakes anymore, i now can worry about musical things and that is what this buzz is all about.
This program is accurate and a real timesaver, it gets the job done and will desroy your ever worries about your hearing, you dont need it, sell your ears.... Seeing is believing!
Analise it!

HARBAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still the name is kind of akward ? (dont you think)
Har/Bal

The name

Post by Har/Bal »

The name Har-Bal is short for Harmonic Balancer . Sort of makes it easier to remember.

We have posted some suggestions for you in the other areas where you have made suggestions.

Earle