Har-Bal

This area of the Forum is where you can post your suggestions and ideas for future update releases of Har-Bal, as well as any gripes you may have on the software, its useability and its interface.
electro

Har-Bal

Post by electro »

When might we see Har-Bal as a standard VST plugin under Wavelab and Nuendo?
Paavo

Post by Paavo »

By standard VST plugin under Wavelab and Nuendo do you mean bundled with those products? If you do then this question would be best put to the developers of those packages.

Note that we have not yet developed a VST plugin version as of yet but we are working on it along side the Mac port.

Regards,

Paavo.
bax3

DirectX?

Post by bax3 »

I use Sound Forge and Nero and would love to access Har-bal without exiting the other program.

Post by Guest »

I mean opening up HarBal just as an eq plugin in Wavelab or Nuendo.
Poppatwang

The Mac Port

Post by Poppatwang »

When? Soon I hope.
HarBal
Site Admin

Re: The Mac Port

Post by HarBal »

Poppatwang wrote:When? Soon I hope.
A Mac port is no simple task so although we are starting work on it now it will be some time before a full version is available.

The most optimistic time frame would be the fourth quarter of this year though a more realistic appraisal would be the first quarter of next year.

We shall keep everyone posted of the progress of the Mac port.

Regards,

Paavo.
Salvator

Mac port

Post by Salvator »

Thanks for the work on the Mac port !
Please count me in when there will be need to beta test the first build's ...

Salvator
HarBal
Site Admin

Re: Mac port

Post by HarBal »

Salvator wrote:Thanks for the work on the Mac port !
Please count me in when there will be need to beta test the first build's ...

Salvator
Will do! I'm just psyching myself up to the job, getting a plan of action sorted in my head. I need to do some experimental work first to sort out the best way (portability wise) to handle the multi-threading in HarBal. When I've sorted that out the port will start in ernest.

Paavo.
Mr.Victory

Post by Mr.Victory »

As an EQ it would stand great in VST or Directx format, but i still see more comming out of the stand alone version...
As a pluging you could not do as many as a stand alone program, thats the nature of realtime plugins, but it would come close.
As an EQ it would stand out though, cause its the first unharmfull EQ plugin there would be... It would be a breaktrough, but i could see the difficulties for the programmers doing a Directx or VST version.
Hope you have the time and an unfrustrated mind to do this, else work on the stand alone and enhance it with more mastering features.
Paavo

Post by Paavo »

Mr.Victory wrote:As an EQ it would stand great in VST or Directx format, but i still see more comming out of the stand alone version...

...Hope you have the time and an unfrustrated mind to do this, else work on the stand alone and enhance it with more mastering features.
Yes, a VST plugin version is under planning and we hope to have it released concurrently with the port. As you've pointed out, both paths have their own merits, so we plan to cover both.

Cheers,

Paavo.