Filter text output

This area of the Forum is where you can post your suggestions and ideas for future update releases of Har-Bal, as well as any gripes you may have on the software, its useability and its interface.
jpkuhn

Filter text output

Post by jpkuhn »

I think it would be really nice to be able to display the filter in a text form like that :
+3 db @ 5.2k Q=2.3
-2 db @ 125 Q=1.8
etc...
This would allow us to try other equalizers (software or hardware) to replicate the filter.
dbmasters

Post by dbmasters »

There are other equalizers? :)
Paavo

Post by Paavo »

The parameteric model is used to design the filter but it isn't the way the filter response is stored so it isn't really practical to do as you suggest. The most logical an accurate means of transporting the frequency response is through the impulse response of the filter which can readily be exported with a minor update to the software. This is the approach that will be taken in a future revision.

Personally I can't see a reason for wanting to do this though, other than being able to have a plugin realisation of the filter or a version of the filter for a live performance. For the former, I guess that will become somewhat irrelevent when a VST plug addition to HarBal is made available.

Cheers,

Paavo.