right click, pan, filters, etc.

This area of the Forum is where you can post your suggestions and ideas for future update releases of Har-Bal, as well as any gripes you may have on the software, its useability and its interface.
michael

right click, pan, filters, etc.

Post by michael »

Just bought the program and I like what it does, the basic features compliment my pro tools setup. However I find myself wanting certain comforts. Now either through ignorance or lack of reading the manual carefully some of these features could be available, please point them out.

1) Because I have an itchy middle finger when I'm editing the waveform I sometimes accidentally right click, which gives me this awesome blue line that I can not seem to get rid of except by exiting the program and erasing the .anl file of the track. Tell me there is an undo to get rid of the line, whatever the purpose of having the blue line to tell me where I was before, it is quite annoying.

2) The zoom feature really needs a "back" or undo, because in my haste I may zoom in too far, then when I zoom out it never really gets back to where I was, so I must close and reopen again, because when you zoom out from an extreme "zoom in" it just don't go back.

3) You could save me hours diddling with the little lines if there was a button that said "create filter from reference file" - now that would be hot!

I just got the program yesterday and have filtered 4 tracks with some great results. I look forward to more features and your input.

Thanks

Michael
:shock:
Last edited by michael on Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sticky Shed

Post by Sticky Shed »

'Ctrl A' will do it.
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

In answer to your questions:

1)Is a known problem that I've fixed in my latest build but it has n't been released yet as I'm waiting on a update to LIBSNDFILE that will support reading and writing sd2 files.

2) Happens because you are using the zoom feature as a point and click zoom whereas you should point and drag a zoom box over the area you want to zoom in to. As mentioned by someone else, you can recover from the lock condition by pressing Ctrl+A.

3) Is an issue that sounds simple but is far from it. Simply making a carbon copy spectrum shape of the current track based on a reference will give bad results on many occasions. To do a correct EQ requires some intelligence that is not that easy to code. Since we haven't come up with an algorithm that does not work at least 95% of the time we won't be including it. If we did we'd have many potential customers who pass the product off as inferior because they came up with a bad EQ and blamed it on the software.

Regards,

Paavo
michael

Post by michael »

Thanks for getting back so soon. I look forward to the update, it's not a huge problem, just inconvenient at times. Thanks for the ctrl A, since I'm new to the software I'll get moving fast and click the wrong box when editing, ctrl A will solve that.

I understand your point with regard to the filters. I was looking for a starting point on some songs, but I'm now starting to see the complexity of the interplay between filters and references and each is a custom fit.

Thanks