Multiband compressing

If you are looking for advice on how to use Har-Bal best, or you have some tips of your own, post them here!
SAM

Post by SAM »

Hi Earle,

You're pointing out musicians in a nice direction, the 'T-racks way' a very good plugin indeed for mastering. Have you heard about 'iZotope Ozone3' plug?
I own Ozone2 (...going to buy Oz3 soon...) and it gives imho, a good 'polishing touch' to tracks in need of a 'make over' :wink:

I'm not a 'pro engineer' at all but i'm learning a lot from 'cool threads' like these... . I've downloaded the Har-Bal demo to give it a shot and i'm sure i won't be dissapointed! 8)

Thanks,
SAM
har-bal
Site Admin

Post by har-bal »

SAM wrote:Hi Earle,

You're pointing out musicians in a nice direction, the 'T-racks way' a very good plugin indeed for mastering. Have you heard about 'iZotope Ozone3' plug?
I own Ozone2 (...going to buy Oz3 soon...) and it gives imho, a good 'polishing touch' to tracks in need of a 'make over' :wink:

I'm not a 'pro engineer' at all but i'm learning a lot from 'cool threads' like these... . I've downloaded the Har-Bal demo to give it a shot and i'm sure i won't be dissapointed! 8)

Thanks,
SAM
Sam

That is very cool. We hope you enjoy Har-Bal. It is a great tool, but you have to read the manual. There is a learning curve. Once you understand the concept you will be blown away.

The preset I recommend in T-Racks is under the "Suites" category, it is called (half inch+opto).

I beleive this is the best preset currently out and T-Racks really put some thinking behind this one.

Earle
BVB

Post by BVB »

Hi gentlepeeps,

This is my fav setup:

Har-Bal_eq > Wavelab with TC's MD3 (multiband+limiter)- Sony Inflator.
I can tell you,this is killer 8)

PS. Many thanks Earle and Paavo for the trouble taken for the delivery.
Merry Xmas and Happy New Year :D

Greets
Paul Baekelandt
BVB Recording
Belgium
har-bal
Site Admin

Post by har-bal »

BVB wrote:Hi gentlepeeps,

This is my fav setup:

Har-Bal_eq > Wavelab with TC's MD3 (multiband+limiter)- Sony Inflator.
I can tell you,this is killer 8)

PS. Many thanks Earle and Paavo for the trouble taken for the delivery.
Merry Xmas and Happy New Year :D

Greets
BVB

Thanks for the tip and you are quite welcome. I am sure there will be quite a number of folks who will try it out and report back.
The great thing you are doing by placing Har- Bal before the multiband is preventing the compressor from overworking. Compression would be almost un-noticeable.

Great idea

Earle
mario

how about Waves L3 multimaximizer

Post by mario »

Hallo to everybody.
This is my first post and I want to say that I find Har-Bal very nice and helpful for me.
My mixes are much better now and Har-Bal in combination with my new monitors is making all that possible.

Are they any opinions about using Waves L3 Multimaximizer as a final limiter after Har-Bal?
har-bal
Site Admin

Re: how about Waves L3 multimaximizer

Post by har-bal »

mario wrote:Hallo to everybody.
This is my first post and I want to say that I find Har-Bal very nice and helpful for me.
My mixes are much better now and Har-Bal in combination with my new monitors is making all that possible.

Are they any opinions about using Waves L3 Multimaximizer as a final limiter after Har-Bal?
Mario

That is a very good question. We would be happy to know if there are any users out there currently using the latest limiter (L3) in conjunction with Har-Bal.

Earle