Please Post your steps for using Har-Bal in the mix process

Having problems using the greatest Visual Mastering software of the century? Use this area of the Forum to post your technical questions to Earle and Paavo regarding Har-Bal or ask questions regarding how to work on a certain area of the software? Post away!
haluSin88

Please Post your steps for using Har-Bal in the mix process

Post by haluSin88 »

I bought Har-bal last week and LOVE it. It's helped me see that my
mixes need work. So, I know the plug-in version of Har-bal is still
in development, but there must be folks here using Har-bal on individual
tracks of a mix. My question is how?

I have Sonar 4.01, Har-Bal, T-Racks, Sound Forge 7 to work with.

Do I export them from Sonar as stereo tracks and then bounce back
to mono before pulling them back into Sonar? If you are doing this, please share your secrets.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Rik
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

Rik,

I haven't done this personally but I gather that the people who are are exporting the track in its native state (ie. if it is stereo keep it stereo, if mono do likewise). HarBal can read and write mono files as well as stereo and has done since version 1.5. I'm glad you are enjoying the program.

Paavo.
mflorio

Post by mflorio »

That's what I do (works great on stereo and mono tracks).

Here we go again :

I've stated in this forum in the past that it would be great for SONAR users to be able to use Har-Bal from the tools menu (automatically opening the selected clip). All that needs to be done in Har-Bal woud be to have the program accept command line arguments (ie: the filespec).

Paavo - does 1.51 do this ???

In one of my other posts I included the proper registry edits to put HB on the Tools menu.

Mike
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

Hi Mike,

HarBal 1.51 does support command line opening of files. It has no command line switches. You just specify the fully qualified filename and thats it. It also supports drag and drop as well.

Paavo.