Har-Bal rocks...

This area of the Forum is where you can post your suggestions and ideas for future update releases of Har-Bal, as well as any gripes you may have on the software, its useability and its interface.
dbmasters

Har-Bal rocks...

Post by dbmasters »

I just want to be the first general commenter :-)

This is a great program, and 1.5 only makes it better.

Keep up the good work fellas...you've saved me time and helped me make more money quicker...can't ask for much more than that. :D
Robert Schulze Lutum

You bet it rocks!

Post by Robert Schulze Lutum »

I do a lot of mastering and EQing nowadays, thanks to Har-Bal.

I recently remastered a favourite recording of mine, "Brown Sugar" by the Rolling Stones, just for kicks, to see what modern technology can do.

Sounds a lot better now.
And then I stumbled over the frquency response display and the thought that came to my mind immediately was: Would I have ever dialled in an EQ like that without HarBal?. Never! The curve looked like a roller coaster.

But the fact is: the recording sounds a lot better now, the chnages even seem subtle!

This automatic adaption of perceived loudness is what we've all been waiting for. I can't thank you enough for Har-Bal!
dbmasters

Post by dbmasters »

Yeah, I can totally relate, I have done that too. My favorite album that I Har-Bal'd just for yuks was Michael Oldfield's QE2. I am stunned at how poorly the original production of that album was...until I hit it with a little Magneto and a lot of Har-Bal it sounds stellar.

Post by Guest »

But don't forget: The engineer of yore
a) didn't have Har-Bal
b) had to take into account that the recording had to be vinyl compatible, that is to say there were sever limitations as to what was possible in the lowfrquency spectrum (dee beeyas, mon!).
Luckily with CD technology, that limitation is a thing of the past.

It is interesting to know that the thing that sparked Paavo to start the Har-Bal project was that he wasn't satified with how his records sounded on his custom-made Hifi speakers.

I am sometimes amazed at how good some records are mastered without the use of Har-Bal (Supertramp, forexample)!

How the hell could these guys do it? Sorcery or :wink: Black Magick, I bet!