Just more Har-Bal praise from a new customer

This area of the Forum is where you can post your suggestions and ideas for future update releases of Har-Bal, as well as any gripes you may have on the software, its useability and its interface.
mgc3003.com

Just more Har-Bal praise from a new customer

Post by mgc3003.com »

I was a user of Freefilter for a long time but I was never really very happy with the product. I did some net searches and stumbled onto Har-Bal and I was just BLOWN AWAY! This is the EQ that I always dreamed would one day exist. Here are my comments about it:

1) It has one of the best interfaces of any audio software I have ever used. I *LOVE* that it is NOT a plugin. I have a hi-res monitor and I love being able to go full screen and really zoom in and get a look at some of my EQ glitches. The interface is basically flawless.

2) When I first saw the product I wondered about the interface because I was used to seeing more "artsy" interfaces before... It was the attitude of the company and the users comments that made me believe it was a high-end product. I couldn't really tell for sure with the demo since it was 8bit. Once I used the interface immediately FELL IN LOVE with it... PLEASE don't ever sacrifice usability for looks. If y'all ever change the interface, please ONLY do so in a way that doesn't alter usability.

3) PLEASE do NOT add an AUTOMATCH button... I *totally* agree with the authors on this. I spent a couple of years using Freefilter and matching my EQ automatically with a 70-80% blend. This is a HORRIBLE way to work compared to using Har-Bal the CORRECT way... The difference? I still get the general sonic quality EQ matching that I wanted by doing it by hand, but I don't get the weird effects of an auto-EQ pushing up or pulling down frequencies in unnatural places. This is EXTREMELY important. If you're a new user or are considering purchasing -- PLEASE believe the authors. You DO NOT WANT the automatic matching button. It will destroy your audio.

My words here do not do the product justice. This is, to me, a "killer app" sort of product. The kind of product that revolutionizes the way you work in audio. It's a product that gives you a feeling of "OH MY GOD we're in the 2000s and it FEELS like this! This feels like the FUTURE!"

What I'm BAFFLED by is ---- how have I never HEARD of the product? I *barely* found it on a net search!!!! I was actually doing many searches for similar to Freefilter products before I found Har-Bal.com....

My call out to any users out there as happy as I am --- spread the word. The more copies these guys sell the more they're going to work on and further improve the software. I would be crushed if support and development for this software was ever ended the way it was with Freefilter.

Congratulations on this product. If you're on the fence about buying it, GO FOR IT.

PRICE POINT: Here's something interesting about the price point. I feel the product is DEFINITELY worth more than the ~$100 I paid. However, I probably wouldn't have bought it if it was more. In part, because I couldn't REALLY tell how good it was with the 8bit demo. HOWEVER, with that being said --- I *would* be happy to pay for upgrades. So I hope you guys continue to develop the product and charge for the upgrades because I would like to do anything possible to keep this product permanently in development.

Sorry for the longwinded post. I'm telling everyone I know about this plugin, I hope everyone here does the same.
har-bal
Site Admin

Re: Just more Har-Bal praise from a new customer

Post by har-bal »

mgc3003.com wrote:I was a user of Freefilter for a long time but I was never really very happy with the product. I did some net searches and stumbled onto Har-Bal and I was just BLOWN AWAY! This is the EQ that I always dreamed would one day exist. Here are my comments about it:

1) It has one of the best interfaces of any audio software I have ever used. I *LOVE* that it is NOT a plugin. I have a hi-res monitor and I love being able to go full screen and really zoom in and get a look at some of my EQ glitches. The interface is basically flawless.

2) When I first saw the product I wondered about the interface because I was used to seeing more "artsy" interfaces before... It was the attitude of the company and the users comments that made me believe it was a high-end product. I couldn't really tell for sure with the demo since it was 8bit. Once I used the interface immediately FELL IN LOVE with it... PLEASE don't ever sacrifice usability for looks. If y'all ever change the interface, please ONLY do so in a way that doesn't alter usability.

3) PLEASE do NOT add an AUTOMATCH button... I *totally* agree with the authors on this. I spent a couple of years using Freefilter and matching my EQ automatically with a 70-80% blend. This is a HORRIBLE way to work compared to using Har-Bal the CORRECT way... The difference? I still get the general sonic quality EQ matching that I wanted by doing it by hand, but I don't get the weird effects of an auto-EQ pushing up or pulling down frequencies in unnatural places. This is EXTREMELY important. If you're a new user or are considering purchasing -- PLEASE believe the authors. You DO NOT WANT the automatic matching button. It will destroy your audio.

My words here do not do the product justice. This is, to me, a "killer app" sort of product. The kind of product that revolutionizes the way you work in audio. It's a product that gives you a feeling of "OH MY GOD we're in the 2000s and it FEELS like this! This feels like the FUTURE!"

What I'm BAFFLED by is ---- how have I never HEARD of the product? I *barely* found it on a net search!!!! I was actually doing many searches for similar to Freefilter products before I found Har-Bal.com....

My call out to any users out there as happy as I am --- spread the word. The more copies these guys sell the more they're going to work on and further improve the software. I would be crushed if support and development for this software was ever ended the way it was with Freefilter.

Congratulations on this product. If you're on the fence about buying it, GO FOR IT.

PRICE POINT: Here's something interesting about the price point. I feel the product is DEFINITELY worth more than the ~$100 I paid. However, I probably wouldn't have bought it if it was more. In part, because I couldn't REALLY tell how good it was with the 8bit demo. HOWEVER, with that being said --- I *would* be happy to pay for upgrades. So I hope you guys continue to develop the product and charge for the upgrades because I would like to do anything possible to keep this product permanently in development.

Sorry for the longwinded post. I'm telling everyone I know about this plugin, I hope everyone here does the same.

Thank you so much for your kind words.

Its often difficult to get folks to rise above conventional wisdom and think outside the box for a moment. We haven't spent the money on frills and major advertising because we believe that word of mouth (best advertising) will contribute to the success of Har-Bal. Besides, it also allows us to keep the price of the product low for the consumer :)

We are always glad to know that a customer appreciated our service and product enough to actually write us publically (always appreciated)

Our entire concept for Har-Bal was to create a product and forum that would REALLY help folks and remove the shroud of mystery surrounding mastering. Even though it is subjective, there are fundamental processes that one needs to know. This is where we work it out

Because of Har-Bal most of our customers can now hear a song and automatically know where the problem frequencies reside in a track.

The purpose of a tool should be to improve us, not to make slaves of us. If there are any questions you may have regarding functionality, use, future direction, etc please don't hesitate to inquire of us. Dialog in this forum is pretty open and we have a lot of smart folks who have joined us that we appreciate immensely.

Thanks again

Earle