Track Position Slider

This area of the Forum is where you can post your suggestions and ideas for future update releases of Har-Bal, as well as any gripes you may have on the software, its useability and its interface.
tcatzere

Track Position Slider

Post by tcatzere »

It might be helpful to be able to click your mouse anywhere on the" horizontal track" of the "track position slider" and have the pointer end up at that position rather than having to "drag" the pointer or continously click on the "track" to move to a new location.
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

I'd agree with you on that one.

The slider in Har-Bal is a pretty basic one built directly out of the slider control in Windows. It is something that would benefit from a custom control associated with a heap of other stuff but it hasn't been designed or implemented yet. It was only ever meant as a temporary solution until new features come along that displace it.

In the release after the Mac port it will likely be replaced. Any suggestions for future functionality welcome.

Regards,

Paavo.
Jay

Re: Track Position Slider

Post by Jay »

tcatzere wrote:It might be helpful to be able to click your mouse anywhere on the" horizontal track" of the "track position slider" and have the pointer end up at that position rather than having to "drag" the pointer or continously click on the "track" to move to a new location.
Funny, I was just thinking about posting this suggestion. I'm often frustrated by the limitations of the slider. I guess I'm spoiled by apps like Winamp or WMP whose sliders are very flexible.

Jay
mgc3003.com

Post by mgc3003.com »

That's great news that y'all have plans for this.

I love Har-Bal and it's almost perfect for me. There's just a few little things like this that I would recommend, and this is right there at the top of my "few little things."

Actually I can only think of one. Just that. =)
Robert H

Post by Robert H »

Agreed.
dbmasters

Post by dbmasters »

Ya know, just thinking about this, would it be possible to show a small version of the actual wave below the timeline, so we would know visually where we are dragging to...maybe be able to highlight a section of the have for quick and easy looping and such things...sometimes I want to find a spot of silence or just hihat hits, soemthing like that is easy to pick out of even a very small version of the actual wave...

HarBal is a visual tool after all, right? :D
Jay

Post by Jay »

dbmasters wrote:Ya know, just thinking about this, would it be possible to show a small version of the actual wave below the timeline, so we would know visually where we are dragging to...maybe be able to highlight a section of the have for quick and easy looping and such things...sometimes I want to find a spot of silence or just hihat hits, soemthing like that is easy to pick out of even a very small version of the actual wave...

Great idea!
mflorio

Post by mflorio »

dbmasters wrote:Ya know, just thinking about this, would it be possible to show a small version of the actual wave below the timeline, so we would know visually where we are dragging to...maybe be able to highlight a section of the have for quick and easy looping and such things...sometimes I want to find a spot of silence or just hihat hits, soemthing like that is easy to pick out of even a very small version of the actual wave...

Yes, Oh Yes Please !!!