Graphic indication of selection?

Having problems using the greatest Visual Mastering software of the century? Use this area of the Forum to post your technical questions to Earle and Paavo regarding Har-Bal or ask questions regarding how to work on a certain area of the software? Post away!
6string

Graphic indication of selection?

Post by 6string »

I’m enjoying learning Har-Bal and it seems to be a very useful tool. I do have two questions:

Is there someway to give a visual indication of which spectrum line is currently selected to be changed? I can’t tell you how many times I go to grab one line and the cursor immediately jumps to another one. I then have to Undo, to make sure I didn’t move anything. There must be someway to give a visual clue to which line is selected with the tab key. Maybe the color of the cursor can match the line to be changed?

Also – any idea when an update is coming for the PC version? I know you’re working on the Mac version, but I can’t help but wonder when we’ll see an update?

Thanks for your time
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

Hi 6string,

You won't see a major feature upgrader until after the Mac port I'm afraid. Prior to that you are only likely to see minor enhancements and bug fixes though we haven't got a minor release sheduled any time soon.

Thanks for the visual cue suggestion. Sounds like a good idea to me. By the way, if you are running HarBal 1.51 you can cancel your edit by pressing the esc key while dragging the edit tools. That will save you from having to use the undo key all the time.

Regards,

Paavo.
dbmasters

Post by dbmasters »

that is a great idea, I have been caught in the situation myself not knowing which one I am currently selecting...

nice idea!
fbc

Post by fbc »

Is there any special reason why we have to select a spectrum to work on? why not just use the trace closest to the cursor.

regards
Flemming
har-bal
Site Admin

Post by har-bal »

fbc wrote:Is there any special reason why we have to select a spectrum to work on? why not just use the trace closest to the cursor.

regards
Flemming
Flemming

How are you doing my friend?

Each line has a special significance.

The yellow line shows you the peaks and the green line shows you the holes in your spectrum.
You can switch between the spectrum lines by holding down your left mouse button and clicking on the keyboard tab button.

Cheers

Earle
fbc

Post by fbc »

Yes I know !!!

What I'm saying is, why do I have to switch to a specific spectrum, why not just apply the change to the line I'm pointing at with my cursor
(let the program switch, if it has to)

Flemming
har-bal
Site Admin

Post by har-bal »

fbc wrote:Yes I know !!!

What I'm saying is, why do I have to switch to a specific spectrum, why not just apply the change to the line I'm pointing at with my cursor
(let the program switch, if it has to)

Flemming
Ahh!!

Sorry about that. Paavo can implement that in the next change. That is an excellent idea!

Earle