Stuck buffer with RME Multiface + Digicheck

Having problems using the greatest Visual Mastering software of the century? Use this area of the Forum to post your technical questions to Earle and Paavo regarding Har-Bal or ask questions regarding how to work on a certain area of the software? Post away!
undertone

Stuck buffer with RME Multiface + Digicheck

Post by undertone »

I'm just getting into Har-Bal and it's an amazingly useful piece of software. I'm surprised I only discovered it this past week. Thanks also for offering this great product at such a reasonable price.

I like using RME's Digicheck which provides accurate metering, vector and spectral displays but there's a problem with Har-Bal: it works fine when monitoring via my RME Multiface in ASIO and MME, but the moment I bring RME's Digicheck into the equation (which must use ASIO to monitor output), I get an annoying stuck buffer anytime I stop Har-Bal playback in a non-silent section.

This is a known problem and the solution is to flush the buffer on playback stop. RME insists it's up to the host, and most have complied (some reluctantly...).

Digicheck does not monitor MME output (only input), and with RME's recent versions of their driver and Digicheck, it's possible to loopback outputs to inputs and in this round about way get arount the stuck buffer problem using MME. The only hitch is that the playback hiccups briefly when it starts.

It would just be simpler and more convenient if Har-Bal flushed the buffer. Thanks if you can.

Steve
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

Steve,

Can you send us an email on the problem via support@har-bal.com. Then I'll be able to post you a new exe to try and see if it fixes the problem. Thanks for the detailed info on the problem by the way. It makes our job so much easier.

Regards,

Paavo.