FIR Filter Plugin

Having problems using the greatest Visual Mastering software of the century? Use this area of the Forum to post your technical questions to Earle and Paavo regarding Har-Bal or ask questions regarding how to work on a certain area of the software? Post away!
Poco

FIR Filter Plugin

Post by Poco »

From the user manual:

The Filter | Export As command allows you to write the FIR filter coefficients to a text file. The exported filter coefficients may then be used to synthesize the same filter response with another FIR filter application that is capable of reading the filter coefficients.

Do you know of a plugin on the market that will read the filter export file?

Thanks,

Poco
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

Bit of an oversight on my part. It seems that most convolver plugins want impulse responses in a wav (or other sound file) format. I'll add the ability to export it as a sound file in the up and coming version 2.0 release. Then you can use any convolver you like. There seem to be many out there.

Regards,

Paavo.
Poco

Post by Poco »

Paavo,

Thanks for your reply. What I would like to do is, after analyzing and creating a corrective filter for say, an acoustic guitar (which works fabulously, by the way), I would like to apply a similar EQ using a parametric EQ plugin. Is there any way to correlate the two? Convolution is rather processor intensive.

Thanks,

Poco
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

To do it generally is an optimsiation (mathematical) problem. You'd specify how many parameteric EQ's you have / want and then find the best fit to the frequency response required. It is something I will implement in the future but it is not something I have any plans for in this release. On the other hand I may add something simple to show and edit list of the changes made in the current session. I'm not going to save it in .mfl files though.

Cheers,

Paavo.