Vocals templates - suggestions?

Having problems using the greatest Visual Mastering software of the century? Use this area of the Forum to post your technical questions to Earle and Paavo regarding Har-Bal or ask questions regarding how to work on a certain area of the software? Post away!
don1thedon

Vocals templates - suggestions?

Post by don1thedon »

Hi,
I've been having difficulty getting a female vocal I've been working with recently to sit in the track correctly. I decided to "look" at the track using Harbal and it enabled me to smooth out the content considerably and improved the mix problem.
However it got me to wondering whether there are any sections of solo vocal that I could use to generate a suitable template.
Anyone got any suggestions?
Don
Har/Bal

Vocal template

Post by Har/Bal »

Don

I just emailed you a good vocal reference template.

Earle
dbmasters

Post by dbmasters »

Hey, I have an idea. How about at the web site we can have a place to email template files to Har-Bal, and if deemed useful by Har-Bal, you can put them up for download.

A template sharing repository of sorts...might be a very handy resource for Har-Ballers. (sounds kinda dirty doesn't it :? )
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

Sounds like a great idea Dan! How about it Earle?

Paavo.
Har/Bal

Great idea!!

Post by Har/Bal »

Okay, we will get started on it and I will let you know when it is ready :)

Earle
dbmasters

Post by dbmasters »

Well, now thats what I call quick action :)

Ya know, I just had another thought that might be helpful...how about having that area only able to be accessed with your registered email address and application reg code. That way, only owners can get them PLUS you could put downloads of your different versions back there as well.

This will be helpfull when something like the beta testing happened and the beta install overwrote their official install, then they could just login and download the previous version if they don't have the installer any more.

Might be a useful feature...just a thought...
ShawKing

Post by ShawKing »

I was wondering the exact same thing. Vocals are the most difficult part of the mix, I find. Having some good templates for a variety of music genres and a variety of voices (female, male are the obvious ones, but also high pitched, normal, and lower pitched voices) would be extremely, extremely useful. Looking forward to that! In the meantime, would you mind e-mailing me a vocal template as well Earle? I just registered for the forum today, but I'm still waiting for the e-mail to finish the registration. I purchased Har-Bal last year however, so it should be all good. My e-mail is shaw_king@hotmail.com
Thanks
Har\Bal

Templates

Post by Har\Bal »

Dan

They would not need to be registered customers to access the templates because it is not functional unless you are using Har-Bal

Earle
dbmasters

Post by dbmasters »

oh, yes, I realize that, without a registered version they are worthless, but, what I am thinking is it would make a good place to store past versions of Har-Bal that may come in handy for a plethora of reasons.

And, not even saying it's necessary, just a thought.

When the first beta of Har-Bal overwrote peoples installs, then turned out to be buggy you had to email people download links for the older 1.02 release if they didn't have it archived. Likewise, when 1.5 gets released and somebody has some rouge, obscure issue, with somewhere to go download version 1.02 they could rollback to the previous version until the bug is fixed, and they could do so without bothering you guys. Similarily, when someone buys Har-Bal you can just email them their reg key and then tell them to go log in to the members area and download the file at their convenience.

I am just thinking of a smooth distribution method. Many software companies already do this...or something similar.

However, I suppose considering you need the key to use it, you could just have all the files out in public as well, but somehow that doesn't seem as "exclusive" :)
dbmasters

Post by dbmasters »

hmmm, even expanding on that, the database of users with their name, email, reg key and whatever could also easily be built in to a very simple email newsletter broadcaster as well as many other uses...distributing betas...I dunno, stuff like that.

Just thinking out loud...