Draw the EQ

This area of the Forum is where you can post your suggestions and ideas for future update releases of Har-Bal, as well as any gripes you may have on the software, its useability and its interface.
pjs

Draw the EQ

Post by pjs »

Hi.

Something I would find useful. Not an essential feature but I would sometimes like to be able to draw the eq curve. Like I said not essential but it would just be a quicker way of matching aspects of an .anl file that I want to replicate, and then alter from there. As an example I may have an .anl file that looks very much like the eq curve I want. I could use a draw function to replicate the curve and then use the parametric eq cursor to make further changes to the curve. So rather than working from my mix eq toward another mix, I could work in the opposite direction, from another eq curve back toward my original. I could also use it where I have made significant changes to the eq curve but then want to restore just a part of the curve. It would be much quicker to be able to redraw the section I am not happy with and use the parametric eq cursor to start over. I realise this is achievable at present, it would just be easier and faster with a draw tool.

Thanks
Paul
pjs

Post by pjs »

It's that crazy hey?
har-bal
Site Admin

Post by har-bal »

pjs wrote:It's that crazy hey?
pjs

Not it isn't crazy, but why wouldn't you just create a filter and just apply to the rest of your tracks, especially if you are using the same instruments.

If you load a file into Har-Bal and make a number of adjustments you can then create a filter that may be applied to any other song you load thus preventing the need to manipulate the spectrum each time. If you load a file into Har-Bal and do not make any adjustments you will not be able to create a filter file that serves a purpose. Some folks mistakenly load their favorite song into Har-Bal and choose "save a filter" and wonder why they can't apply it to anything.

So....a .anl file is great for capturing the spectral image of any song and a .mfl file allows you to save your settings and apply it elsewhere (another song)

Cheers

Earle
pjs

Post by pjs »

Well I am pretty new to HarBal so maybe I will find that I have no need for such a thing. I was just using HarBal the other day and found myself wishing for such a feature so I thought I would make the suggestion. Thanks for your response though.

Thanks
Paul
har-bal
Site Admin

Post by har-bal »

pjs wrote:Well I am pretty new to HarBal so maybe I will find that I have no need for such a thing. I was just using HarBal the other day and found myself wishing for such a feature so I thought I would make the suggestion. Thanks for your response though.

Thanks
Paul
Paul

I have the feeling that you will discover functions that we haven't even explored yet. Please keep the suggestions coming. We appreciate you.

Cheers

Earle