OSX Version

Having problems using the greatest Visual Mastering software of the century? Use this area of the Forum to post your technical questions to Earle and Paavo regarding Har-Bal or ask questions regarding how to work on a certain area of the software? Post away!
eboy

OSX Version

Post by eboy »

Any info on when the OSX version will be released?

Im finding i use Harbal much less than ide like to due to
the time and inconvience of transfering files to and from
my PC :(
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

I'm afraid it won't be for quite a while. I'm still on holiday and won't be getting back into it until the end of the month. I've given up on announcing dates as I don't want to give out any false hope. All I can say is that I'm working on it. Certainly, if Har-Bal were ten times the price then I'd be short of excuses but it isn't so I have to spread my time fairly between all my commitments, not least of which is time for my two young children.

Regards,

Paavo.
gizmo

Post by gizmo »

Hi !!!

I understand you completely, as I have two children also (5 and 2 years old), and it's difficult to find some time for music. I work in an office, 8 hours a day nothing to do with music, so work + family = No time, or very little time for music :)

Best regards from Spain

You have the best software for what i need.... Very very very good Job.

PD: Sorry for my bad english..
zumbido

Post by zumbido »

I 'had' the same problem you have.

I do my mixing on a MAC and mastering on a PC.

I got this: PCMacLan and download 'PC MACLAN for Windows NT/2K/XP''.

Download the 'trial' software. You can use it indefinitely without purchasing if you don't mind that you can only use it for three hours before you need to reboot your PC. I find that a minimal inconvenience - for 'free' use - since I'm a cheapskate..

You can set it up so that your PC can 'see' your MAC drives or just transfer from Mac to PC. Of course, you can go PC to Mac.

But, if you are using OSX, this should already be taken care of it for you. I am still an OS9 user on my Macs.
Gordon Gidluck

Post by Gordon Gidluck »

I know this isn't cheap, but maybe of interest to some.

At work, we are experimenting with network attached storage (NAS). The solution we are using from Dell can have partitions for windows, linux, apple, etc.

The storage box has it's own ip address on your network. You just map drives.

Gordon
the-bertman

Transferring Files Between Mac And PC

Post by the-bertman »

For eboy:

This is a cheap, tried/tested way to Xfer files between Mac OSX ( Panther or Tiger ) and Windows XP using trusty old SMB ( System Message Block ). I do this daily.

- Connect an RJ45 cable between the 2 systems ( make sure it's the only cable, disconnect your Internet connection ). Don't worry about a crossover cable as the Mac recognizes this configuration and reverses the Tx/Rx automatically.

- Power up the PC ( Windows XP ). You need to share the folder you want others to see. Google "Sharing Windows XP Folders".

- Power up the Mac.

- Use Finder/Go/Connect To Server/Browse. Check your 'Network" tab. You should eventually see a link to your Windows PC ( takes a few minutes ). If all goes well when you click on the PC Server icon that it just found it should present you with the choice of the Shareable folders on the PC. Selecting one will ask for authentication ( your PC Admin PW ).

- You should then be able to drag/drop files at will.

I record/mix/master on Mac and Xfer to PC for my Har-Bal'ing. I also perform my Mac backups on my PC's removable drives, so this does work. And it's free ( except for the cable which you probably already have ).

Tim
( www.timbertulli.com )
eboy

Post by eboy »

bump