workflow

If you are looking for advice on how to use Har-Bal best, or you have some tips of your own, post them here!
Ged Leitch

workflow

Post by Ged Leitch »

Hi Earle, just wanted to know how long it took you to develop a quick workflow when mastering? i guess it comes down to your expirience and such.
I'm averaging about 35mins a track just now but i'm not wanting it to sound like i'm rushing the process.
cheers.
har-bal
Site Admin

Re: workflow

Post by har-bal »

Ged Leitch wrote:Hi Earle, just wanted to know how long it took you to develop a quick workflow when mastering? i guess it comes down to your expirience and such.
I'm averaging about 35mins a track just now but i'm not wanting it to sound like i'm rushing the process.
cheers.
Ged

That is an excellent question. The time it takes me to master a track depends on what is needed. I usually listen to the track over and over again before making any changes. I let the track dictate my process flow.

The great thing about Har-Bal is that it gives me a blueprint to begin working from. One of the main reasons we talk about so many different types of tools in this forum is to help folks understand how they can be incorporated into our workflow.

If I am an auto mechanic and I have a box of tools do I use every tool for every job, or do I look for the specific tools based on what is needed to remedy the situation. We just want to move folks away from the robotic process of mastering and gain a real insight into the real usefulness of the tools and use them for good and not evil :)

So I guess to answer your question some songs can take 15 minutes and some can take half a day. This is why I always tell my clients that the turnaround time will be 24-36hrs.

Cheers

Earle