Two Suggestions for the best EQ software I have ever seen!!!

This area of the Forum is where you can post your suggestions and ideas for future update releases of Har-Bal, as well as any gripes you may have on the software, its useability and its interface.
gizmo

Two Suggestions for the best EQ software I have ever seen!!!

Post by gizmo »

Hi !!!

First of all, you must know I thinkg Har-bal is the best for software for Eq , in my opinion.

There are two things, or "ideas", that I want you to know. Sorry for my bad english, because I am spanish.

1) Something that let us remake the Eq-Curve, in a % . In other words, supposing that I have a +3 Db in the 3Khz, and -2 at 1Khz. If I like this curve, but I wanted less drastic, I could press a button and put "50%" , and then, automatically, the "+3Db" would be +1,5Db , and the "-2Db" would be -1Db. In this example, it is very easy to do it manually, but if you have a curve with many points, and want to low the effect of your curve, it would be very interesting. Or with tow buttons (one "+" and other "-" ) . If we press the "+" , the curve increment the changes, and if we press "-" , the program reduce the amount of Db changes of every Frequency.

2) Another useful thing for me, it would be, to apply two different "saved" filters together, adding the second to the first. For example, I have defined one Curve for every song. But when I have finished with all 10 songs, I note that it would be better if all songs would have (is an example) a -1Db reduction at 1Khz, the same amount for all songs. I would like to process every song, loading his own first filter , and then aplly the second "general to all songs -1Db 1Khz" filter (not manually), saved as a -1Db reduction at 1Khz. It's and example, but if the filters are complicated, then doing' it manually could be a lot of job.

Best regards from Spain, and thank you a lot for your great job.

Estanis
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

In point 1 am I correct in assuming your are referring to the intuitQ feature. I have plans to improve on that with a better algorithm that should be truer to the original production intent in the mid range region.

For point 2 I'm not entirely sure of what you are asking for. Is there any reason you just can't design the filter once, save it and then use it on all the other tracks you wish to apply the changes to?

Thanks for the compliments.

Regards,

Paavo.