getting overs when using the limiter!!!

Having problems using the greatest Visual Mastering software of the century? Use this area of the Forum to post your technical questions to Earle and Paavo regarding Har-Bal or ask questions regarding how to work on a certain area of the software? Post away!
Ged the undead

getting overs when using the limiter!!!

Post by Ged the undead »

after using the limiter in Harbal, i then re import the wav file into samplitude and notice there are a few overs(clips) over 0dbfs on playback.
Why is this? i thought the outceiling was set at -0.1 ?
cheers.
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

Ged,

If that is the case then perhaps you have found a bug with it. Can you send us (addressed to support@har-bal.com) a short sample of the file (Pre Har-balized and 1 minute or less) which will, if harbalised, show clipping, and the har-bal filter file (.mfl, you'll need to save it if you haven't already done so) you used that produces the clipping. Then I'll attempt to reproduce it.

Regards,

Paavo.
Ged the undead

Post by Ged the undead »

HarBal wrote:Ged,

If that is the case then perhaps you have found a bug with it. Can you send us (addressed to support@har-bal.com) a short sample of the file (Pre Har-balized and 1 minute or less) which will, if harbalised, show clipping, and the har-bal filter file (.mfl, you'll need to save it if you haven't already done so) you used that produces the clipping. Then I'll attempt to reproduce it.

Regards,

Paavo.
i will send you the files soon Pav, too much work on just now, hey, it aint a complaint mate, just though it was strange, you know, nearly every CD extracted track i have imported into samplitude shows clipping on the meters and those are commercial releases so it may be a problem with samp.
cheers,
Ged.