Focus indicator + minor bug repport

Having problems using the greatest Visual Mastering software of the century? Use this area of the Forum to post your technical questions to Earle and Paavo regarding Har-Bal or ask questions regarding how to work on a certain area of the software? Post away!
fbc

Focus indicator + minor bug repport

Post by fbc »

Can someone please explain the function/purpose of 'focus indicator' ???

GUI-bug (very minor)
When using dual monitor setup, and Har-Bal on secondary monitor, all tooltips (hints) for Har-Bal buttons are shown on primary monitor (right edge). Looks like you are trying to adjust the hint to stay inside the screen-area, but fail to see screen 2.
Tooltips for system-buttons (Close, minimize etc.) are correctly placed on screen 2
Paavo

Post by Paavo »

fbc,

The focus indicator is a visual que as to what you are listening to. To illustrate, open a track and create a filter for it by adjusting the spectrum as you see fit. Now make sure the original spectrum is visible (look at the "Graph/Show spectrum/Original" menu item and make sure it is checked). Now toggle the EQ on and off and note how the "nodes" (focus indicator) switches from the harbalized spectrum to the original spectrum. This is the focus indicator and reminds you of what you are listening to when playing back a track.

Thanks for the note regarding the tool tips bug on dual screens. My guess is that you'll have a similar problem when opening a dialog box.

Regards,

Paavo.
fbc

Post by fbc »

Negative, all modal dialogs are center second screen, as expected.
Only other problem is the startup splash, this is also shown right side of screen 1.

Flemming
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

fbc wrote:Negative, all modal dialogs are center second screen, as expected.
Only other problem is the startup splash, this is also shown right side of screen 1.

Flemming
Interesting! I wasn't expecting that but that gives me quite a bit to go on.

Thanks,

Paavo.
rhtjr

Hmmm...

Post by rhtjr »

For the record, I do not experience any problems with either my dual monitor configuration in my office (GeFroce 4 dual port), or with the trhee-monitor configuration in my studio (Matrox Parphelia 128). Both video adapters have 128 MB of DDR Ram onboard, and all monitors are 21" CRT models.
rhtjr

Post by rhtjr »

Please pardon the two "typos" in my previous post.

I guess I should get some sleep!!!
Paavo

Tooltips, splash screen and focus indicator problems.

Post by Paavo »

For the record, these problems have been confirmed and rectified. If anyone needs an urgent update to resolve these issues let us know and we can make the update available to you.

Regards,

Paavo.