MASTERING TUTORIAL???

Having problems using the greatest Visual Mastering software of the century? Use this area of the Forum to post your technical questions to Earle and Paavo regarding Har-Bal or ask questions regarding how to work on a certain area of the software? Post away!
nogimmikz

MASTERING TUTORIAL???

Post by nogimmikz »

wassup Earle...i got a question,

i recently Bought Har bal 2.2 which i think is ridicuously great.
I NOTICE theres a mastering tutorial on this website which goes over the process of which plug ins to used and so forth.

but my question is this.......do i really have to do all that...i though fixing the Harmonic balance of my mix would be enough.....do i really need all the multiband compression and the Eq....AFTER har-bal....doesnt that defeat the purpose of USING har bal and the LIMITER within har bal....or is that tutorial.....just as another way to aproach mastering??
har-bal
Site Admin

Re: MASTERING TUTORIAL???

Post by har-bal »

nogimmikz wrote:wassup Earle...i got a question,

i recently Bought Har bal 2.2 which i think is ridicuously great.
I NOTICE theres a mastering tutorial on this website which goes over the process of which plug ins to used and so forth.

but my question is this.......do i really have to do all that...i though fixing the Harmonic balance of my mix would be enough.....do i really need all the multiband compression and the Eq....AFTER har-bal....doesnt that defeat the purpose of USING har bal and the LIMITER within har bal....or is that tutorial.....just as another way to aproach mastering??
You are absolutely correct. It is not necessary to use every process. I did specify in the tutorial that every step may not be necessary.

If you have balanced your song your song you can just use a wideband comressor and finish it off with a limiter.

Cheers

Earle