Har-Bal 2.3 Slowdown

Having problems using the greatest Visual Mastering software of the century? Use this area of the Forum to post your technical questions to Earle and Paavo regarding Har-Bal or ask questions regarding how to work on a certain area of the software? Post away!
ctuber

Har-Bal 2.3 Slowdown

Post by ctuber »

-hey all,

my har-ball 2.3 has slowed down to a crawl. when i try and edit my curve the cursor
takes 3 or 4 seconds to update.

i know this sounds like my operating system is buggy and slow but hb 2.3 is the only program doing this.

i still have hb 2.2 on my machine and it is fine.

any, suggestions?

thanks,

charles tuberville-
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

Sounds very odd, particularly given that 2.2 behaves fine. Try deleting the Harbal.ini file in the harbal folder and failing that re-installing harbal.

I'd also be interested to know what the cpu usage of harbal is when it is doing this and what the overall cpu usage is. Right click on the windows task bar, select task manager, click on processes and see what is says about harbal. Also look at the status bar of task manager for the overall cpu usage.

The behaviour you describe is something you would expect if CPU usage was high. There may well be a problem in the code but without easily being able to reproduce it I can't imagine being able to fix it any time soon.

Regards,

Paavo.