What happened to Mastering Video...

Having problems using the greatest Visual Mastering software of the century? Use this area of the Forum to post your technical questions to Earle and Paavo regarding Har-Bal or ask questions regarding how to work on a certain area of the software? Post away!
brian770295

What happened to Mastering Video...

Post by brian770295 »

Hello Guys,

Just curious on why you pulled the Mastering Video with Izotope.
I took a quick peek and was hoping on checking it out in more detail.
Did you get flack from M-Audio or "Mastering" Outfits that you were
giving away too much information. :twisted:
It's great the way you Support & Provide such valuable information to the "Novices"
out there.

Thanks, Brian.
har-bal
Site Admin

Re: What happened to Mastering Video...

Post by har-bal »

brian770295 wrote:Hello Guys,

Just curious on why you pulled the Mastering Video with Izotope.
I took a quick peek and was hoping on checking it out in more detail.
Did you get flack from M-Audio or "Mastering" Outfits that you were
giving away too much information. :twisted:
It's great the way you Support & Provide such valuable information to the "Novices"
out there.

Thanks, Brian.
Brian

It was suggested to us that it isn't a good idea to put up videos of other company's products, so we pulled it.

I will leave it at that :)

Cheers

Earle
Wb_Drumz

Post by Wb_Drumz »

I was curious, all I can get in the latest tutorials "with audo" is the audio, while I could view the earlier video tutorials perfectly. Is anyone else having this issue?

You guys are great. I also missed the opportunity to " re-view" the Ozone based tutorial, is there a possible document "printout" that could be posted?
har-bal
Site Admin

Post by har-bal »

Wb_Drumz wrote:I was curious, all I can get in the latest tutorials "with audo" is the audio, while I could view the earlier video tutorials perfectly. Is anyone else having this issue?

You guys are great. I also missed the opportunity to " re-view" the Ozone based tutorial, is there a possible document "printout" that could be posted?
Wb_Drumz

Check your connection speed. I just checked it and was able to view it with no problems. The server may have hiccupped.

Earle
Mister

Post by Mister »

I'd be interested in an iZotope Ozone document (similar to the old Waves LinMB one) as well, if that's possible.

Also - Earle - I may have missed the announcement, but is your book available yet?

Happy New Year!!

Mister
har-bal
Site Admin

Post by har-bal »

Mister wrote:I'd be interested in an iZotope Ozone document (similar to the old Waves LinMB one) as well, if that's possible.

Also - Earle - I may have missed the announcement, but is your book available yet?

Happy New Year!!

Mister
Mister

I will see what I can do about a document. You can always start here:
http://www.har-bal.com/ipw-web/bulletin ... .php?t=576

I had to change a few things after we released Har-Bal 2.0. The algorithm that was created completely changed the way folks eq their mixes. Har-Bal 2.0 is doing a great job of balancing the spectrum even after manual adjustments are made. It kind of knocks out the entire section on eq'ing in the book because it is now becoming a practice of the past.

Anyone who is eq'ing a mix is really attempting to balance the energy dispersed across the spectrum evenly among the frequencies. Even if you manually attempt this process and press the intuitQ button it fine tunes it for you.

It would be a waste of words trying to explain in a book the antiquated process of eq'ing a mix. We are doing what we can do move towards the future. The book wiLl be out but there will be some changes.

Cheers

Earle